Saturday July 20th, 2013
9:00 am – 7:30 pm
This is a 1-day seminar titled “a call for discernment.” The conference will address several key discernment-related topics affecting the contemporary church in America. These topics include discernment as it pertains to popular false teaching, discernment in how it pertains to para-church ministries, discernment in regards to family discipleship and evangelism, and how to discern Biblically. Registration will start at 8:15am on the day of the conference.
Speakers include the following:
- Justin Peters of Justin Peters Ministries will be presenting a Biblical critique on the doctrines of the “word of faith” movement, the “prosperity gospel,” the so-called “new apostolic reformation,” and other heresies sweeping through the contemporary church. Justin presents a Biblical and Gospel-centered presentation on the origins, implications and the non-Biblical nature of these very popular false doctrines and exposes some of their leading proponents.
- Frank Turk from Team Pyro will be presenting a sermon titled, “Churches & Christians: Ambassadors for Christ” with particular emphasis on discernment as it pertains to parachurch ministries and organizations.
- Phil Johnson www.thegracelifepulpit.com Executive Director of Grace to You (www.gty.org) and an Elder at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, CA. Pastor Phil will be discussing Biblical discernment by preaching an exposition of 2 John – “Loving in Truth and Speaking the Truth in Love”, and 2 Corinthians 10:5 – “Tearing Down Strongholds of False Ideologies”.
- Scott Brown director of The National Center for Family Integrated Churches. Pastor Scott will be presenting a sermon titled, “A Weed in the Church” which presents a Biblical critique of modern youth ministry; and then another sermon titled, “We Need a New Kind of Father” which will be discussing Biblical discernment as it pertains to discipling and evangelizing children.
- Don Currin Coordinator for Eastern Europe for Heartcry Missionary Society. Brother Don will be presenting a sermon titled, “The Father as Gardener and Guardian of His Home” which will explain the Biblical responsibility of father’s in regards to discernment.
- Emilio Ramos Pastor at Heritage Grace Community Church. Pastor Emilio will be presenting a message on the nature of man and the Gospel.
- After the conference, a group of us will again be hitting the streets to do some “fish’n”. There will be an invitation at the close of the event for those who are interested in participating.
This FREE conference is sponsored Grace Family Bible Church. Donations are not required, but are welcome, and can be made through the church website. Please register prior to the event. We hope and pray that this will be glorifying to God and edifying and equipping for the attendees as it was last year. Families are more than welcome. Please include any children in the total for your group. Seating is on a first come basis. However, if you have special needs please let us know.
The event this year will be held at the Green Country Event Center. Which is located at 12000 E. 31st. Street, Tulsa, OK 74146, in the main auditorium.
We have the special discounted rate with the Wyndham Hotel – Tulsa located at 10918 E. 41st Street, Tulsa (918) 627-5000. When you contact them, just tell them that you need the special “call for discernment” rate. For more information about this hotel or to register online with the “call for discernment group” discounted rate please check out their website. Wyndham Tulsa. They are again graciously offering free shuttle service to the Event Center on the day of the conference. You can also contact the hotel manager to make your reservation directly. His contact information is as follows:
Brian Tarvin, WYNDHAM TULSA
To register for the conference, please fill out the form on the left and please let us know if you have any questions.
In addition, our friends and brothers in Christ at the National Center for Family Integrated Churches are hosting a 2-day intensive Bible conference on Christian fatherhood at the same venue (Green Country Event Center) on July 18th and 19th (Thursday and Friday). Here is a link to their registration page and for more information: The Master’s Plan for Biblical Fatherhood.