We are a small baptist church which currently meets in a home.
GFBC exists for the following reasons:
- To glorify God and to worship Him.
- To encourage, exhort, teach, reprove and disciple believers; primarily through the expositional teaching and preaching of God’s word.
- To participate, encourage and engage in the Great Commission, by preaching and teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, through one to one witnessing both by personally sharing the Gospel and also through our lives and conduct, and by spreading the Gospel in our local community, regionally, nationally and overseas.
- To engage in the ordinances of the Lord’s Supper and believer’s Baptism.
- When necessary, to engage in meaningful and loving church discipline.
We are Reformed Baptists:
By “Reformed” this means that we strive to uphold the ideals of the Protestant Reformation as summarized in the “five solas” presented below, and we believe the Bible teaches, in regards to salvation, that God saves men according to His sovereign grace through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. By the term “Baptist” this means we believe that “believer’s baptism” is the proper and Biblical model presented in Scripture for that ordinance, and not infant baptism.
The five Solas are as follows:
- Sola Scriptura (by scripture alone)
- Sola Fide (by faith alone)
- Sola Gratia (by grace alone)
- Solus Christus (Christ alone)
- Soli Deo Gloria (glory to God alone)